.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

SunWin (SUWN) launches marketing campaign

SunWin (SUWN yahoo sec website google), which I covered here and here and here and here and here, announced a new marketing campaign (when that link expires, just get it from their website) for their Stevia artificial sweetener, OnlySweet(tm). It's going to be on radio, web ads, TV, billboards. Distribution will be via health food stores, specialty grocery chains, various food chains, and online sales. Should be available in Q4 2006.

Will it succeed? Probably not on any big scale at all, at least not right away. I haven't talked to these guys, so I don't know, but I'm guessing their plan is probably to push for acceptance as a food additive. Right now it's only allowed as a food supplement (sold separately). If stevia catches on in a groundswell and they can get approval, then I'd expect it to be big. But I view that as a total gamble.

Obviously some big players are involved which is why the stock went up so much at the start of the year (and no, it wasn't me, I'm not a big player and I don't own any of their stock). I suppose if I was working with very large amounts of money (hundreds of millions of dollars) then I'd consider putting about 1% of my portolio into it and working with management.

Good luck to those who are involved with it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?